Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 10

We don't take the kids out much...and most of you know why. With reservations and hesitations, we ventured out today. We went to church for the first time in months. And it wasn't even 'our' church. We were invited to try a church that some friends of ours belong to. I have to admit, I was quite nervous, paranoid, worried, whatever, about what the kids might do to shower us with humiliation as has been par for the course lately. I'll tell you, I was SO proud of them today! We dropped Gracie and Sam off in childcare before heading into the sanctuary with the older three boys. (this is where the worry began) Instead of their usual pushing, shoving and arguing, they all three sat/stood nicely during worship until they were 'released' to their class. No problems there.

After church, we were invited to same friends house for lunch. But, first we had to stop off at the grocery store--this is where things took a turn for the worse. The kids shot in every direction, whining, complaining and whatnot...I even had my entire BRA exposed by Gracie when she pulled my shirt by the neck in a show of anger because she didn't get something she wanted. But, such is my life, right? ( so hoping our friends that were in the store as well, didn't see that!)

Anyway, we spent a great day with our friends catching up--we even went to another church gathering with them after hanging out at their house. We had a great time there eating again and getting to fellowship.

Since hubby and I were feeling on top of the world, we decided to take the kids to Sonic for a .99 milkshake on the way home--the day went to crap from there with the same fighting, whining and fit throwing as usual. Oh well, at least it was great up until then!

Thank you to our dear, sweet friends, for everything...you know who you are :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad you had a great day! I'll be praying for many more!