Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 13: Whine With Your Cheese?

Warning: VERY whiny post ahead.

Today was one of those days. You know, the kind of day where nothing seems to go right. The rivalry began as soon as little eyes opened this morning, and as of right this very moment (it's 6:08pm) they are still going strong. When kids can bring their mom to tears, it's not a good day, and this is one day that I will be glad to see end.

It is so darn maddening to spend the entire day breaking up spats both verbal and non-verbal. Seems I can't get a word in when the kids are fighting like they have been. It's like I'm not even in the room--even though I am yelling at them to STOP (poking, pushing, shoving, biting, slapping, belittling, kicking, pinching, scratching...whatever.) They completely ignore me. Completely. And they carry on. I'm sure all in the near vicinity enjoyed hearing me yell like trailer park Mama. Did you hear me too?

I was supposed to have a neighbor friend and kids over to hang out tonight, but they had to cancel...and then I had to deal with the fall out from that. Tears. And more tears. It's okay though, I still have the wine that I got for today. Sorry friend, I can't promise any leftovers :) Maybe next week!

Hubby is still not home...he's been gone since the crack of dawn and he updated me a while ago that he's not sure when he'll be home. It's not faaaaaiiiiiiiirrrrrr!

I must go and break up yet another fight and stop the boys from beating Gracie with a pool noodle. And I think I'll slice that cheese to go with my whine.

Tell me we'll make it to day 14?

No comments: