Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 15: A Stitch In Time

Make that 10 stitches in fact! Last night, we wound up in the ER again,this time with Eli. While at our Love & Respect home group, he went flying over a chair and somehow ended up with a 3 inch gash on his shin requiring 10 stitches to bring the gaping edges together. What luck. Unlucky for him though--he's leaving for camp on Sunday and he won't be able to swim at all! He thinks it's pretty cool that he can't bathe for a week though. And not surprisingly, this is the third ER visit for us since the second week in May. Here's the recap on that:

1. Sam poked in the eye with a fire pit poker. Lacerated lower eye sac. Scared the crap out of mom when he came in crying bloody tears. (don't worry, pokers are now forever out of reach)

2. Josh hit in the back of the head with a 2lb hand weight thrown by Sam. Lacerated scalp. Lots of blood and medical grade superglue.

3. The visit mentioned above.

Maybe I should start to worry that someone will report us to CPS?

I worked at hospice today from 7-3:30--I am SO totally beat. I can't keep up like I used to! After work, I made a half hour (each way) trip to pick up the kids from my cousins house. Then stopped at Wal-Mart for milk and veggies, then to Little Ceasar's for pizza--(WAY too tired to actually cook) After that, we headed a couple of blocks up the street so I could hang out with some adults while the kids ran around wearing themselves out. We had a good time...wine drinking, watermelon eating and sidewalk chalking.

I think I'll polish off my bowl of super-duper-chocolate cereal, down some motrin and head off to bed. I need all the shut-eye I can get to survive these long days with the kiddos all home.

Sweet dreams...

No comments: