Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 11

Today was an I'm-pulling-my-hair-out-by-the-roots-because-they-are-driving-me-crazy kind of day. Really.

I can't tell you how very frustrating it is to clean every square inch of the floor with a scrub brush, a sponge and a bucket of water, get it sparkling clean, and then have a mob of little people come through and dirty it up again in one fell swoop.

Very frustrating indeed.

I also cleaned the bathroom until it shined--only to find a dirt+water=mud mess all over the counter. Seems Sam was washing rocks that he found outside so they'd be good and ready to go into the sandbox which is full of mud right now.

I feel very accomplished today for sure. (yes, dripping with sarcasm)

Hubby has been at work since 5:30 this morning and I just got word from him that he'll 'possibly' be leaving work at 6:30 this evening.( I usually add another hour and a half to the time he tells me he'll be home--that brings it closer to the time he'll actually be home) I almost cried...I am SO ready to have some back-up chaos/crowd control.

Gotta go...my gourmet dinner of beans and brown rice is simmering away on the stove, and Sam is eating out of the dog dish with a Popsicle stick. Don't ask. And I think I need a few bottles glasses of wine to get rid of my headache that was caused by the front door being slammed over and over again.

At least summer camp is less than a week away! Anyone want to join in on my campaign for year round school?

No comments: