Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 18

Who knew that just walking could make me so tired? Maybe it's the fact that I woke up at 4:49am to meet a friend so we could walk at 5:30. Couple that with the fact that I got called into hospice for a short shift(5 hours) and I walked and walked and walked there too...no wonder my legs feel like they are made of Jell-O.

I am totally annoyed with hubby right now, and he's not even here. As I said before, I got called into work--so he was here with the kids. Okay, he wasn't here with them, rather he decided to take them out around town. To the grocery store, and then to a variety of sporting goods stores. He came home just in time to get ready for work, met me in the parking lot at hospice to swap cars/kids and then he was off. I arrived at home, dog-tired mind you, to the house being a ginormous mess. Breakfast and lunch dishes not done. Laundry not put away. A basket full of toys spread all over the living room, sidewalk chalk crushed into powder on the floor... I could go on and on, but I will spare you the rest. He chose to stay out with the kids just to avoid doing anything around here, I'm convinced of that. He denies it, but I know :)

I pray there will come a day (soon!)that I can ditch the working mom thing, and just stay home with my kids again. Doing both is for the birds.

The kids are fighting again (surprised?) so I'll end the complaining here. Back to work at 7am.

Later.

No comments: