Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 17: Camp!



Eli and Caleb trying their hand at the archery range

I have been waiting for this day for what seems like forever...it's finally here! The boys are nestled in the Pike National Forest for the next 5 days and from the looks of it while I was there, they will be having a great time. The ride up the mountain to camp was quite hellish with the fighting, screaming and squirming...and the ride back down the mountain was just as bad if not worse--Sam SCREAMED the ENTIRE time. (almost 90 minutes) He wanted everything, but nothing, if that makes sense. I tried everything to calm him down to no avail...he just continued to scream " I WANT you MAMA"!! I was ready to pull off the road and leave him with the folks in Green Mountain Falls, but thankfully I came to my senses and carried on.

I had to take Eli into the doctor again this morning as 2 of his stitches came undone. Seems his laceration was in the beginning stages of an infection, so it was cleaned out and the stitches repaired. I am assuming that the next 20 years of my life will be filled with ER visits for stitches and fractures since there are 4 boys in the family. Glad to know that I am helping to pay some nice doctors Mercedes Benz payment.

I am worn out and half deaf from all of the screaming that is still bouncing around in my head and Josh is being a maniac...gotta go.

Oh, crazy me is getting up at 5-dark-thirty tomorrow morning to go walking with a friend. Wish me luck!

No comments: