Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 27

Lucky for me, I've not yet made my way to the corner of my room to curl up in a fetal position, rocking back and forth sucking down hard liquor my thumb. I am trying to take all of the events of the last month or so in stride and keep my head held high, but wow, it's taking all I've got to not lose it. Even my mom mentioned to me last night that I looked pretty strung stressed out. Yup, I feel it too.

There has to be a silver lining to the black cloud, no?

Right now, as I sit here hiding out in the basement, all I hear is yelling, crying and stomping upstairs. Josh is doing his ultra annoying dinosaur roar,which in turn is ticking Gracie off, so she's doing her high pitched screaming, Caleb is tattling on whomever is taking food out of the pantry, Sam is running through the house crying because, oh because whatever, he's always crying lately... Wow, I never knew parenting would be this hard. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change it for the world, but one person can only take so much before feeling like a complete failure.

Just in case you doubted how crazy it is at my house since you know I'm the perfect mom and all, here is proof I have the Queen of Tantrums...Here's Gracie starring in 'How to Throw a Tantrum' (at least she didn't break her arm, and by the way, this tantrum lasted 45 minutes longer than I taped!)


I'd love to be able to take the kids out several times a week to do fun stuff, but it always ends up badly, so I don't do it. Seems every car trip, even if it's just across town, is full of pushing,shoving and name calling. Then to add insult to injury, I end up humiliated because of their behavior when we get to our destination anyway!

As far as some good news, you know, part of that silver lining, Gracie checked out great at the doctor today. No bacteria found! However, because she is still on a pretty hefty antibiotic, she has to return to the doctor after she's been off the medication for 2 days for another test. Then, it's once a month for a year to make sure she's not brewing anymore nasty e-coli. Also, I called the bank today to explain what had happened with the overdraft and they so graciously reversed half of the charges. I was hoping they'd have reversed all of them, but I am just so thankful for the grace they gave me. Whew!

Well, the kids are clamoring for lunch, so I'll sign off for now...it's still early in the day, plenty of time left for more excitement, so perhaps I'll be back later :)

No comments: