Thirteen Things No One Told Me About Parenthood
1. It's hard!
2. It's never ending.
3. Whining can drive the most calm and collected mom out of her mind and to her knees to cave to their demands, just to stop the whining.
4. That the days and weeks fly by and you feel behind everyday.
5. That 'my' money will never actually be 'my' money again.
6. That I will never have any money anyway because it all goes out the window to the grocery store, the doctor, the shoe store and the dentist. Oh, and to the gas station so I can get to all of the prior named places.
7. That my house or car will never be clean again. At least not for longer than 2 1/2 minutes.
8. Kids get sick a lot. And they usually NEVER make it to the bathroom, but rather they prefer to get sick in their beds in the middle of the night.
9. That changing poopy diapers everyday for years on end will hardly make a mom bat an eye or even gag at the smell.
10. That a mom can be a serious multi-tasker and actually make toast, pour milk into bottles, sweep the floor, load the dishwasher, talk with bill collectors and help with spelling homework all at the same time.
11. That kids suck down chocolate milk much like a gas tank in an SUV sucks down gas.
12. That 'sleeping in' means sleeping past 6:05am.
13. That even though parenting is hard, never ending, draining and costly, you love your kids more than life itself and continue to want more!