Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Bundle Of Nerves

Okay, so my anxiety has begun in earnest. Eli's surgery is tomorrow, and I can hardly think of anything else. I had a 'sit down' at the surgeon's office today, and now my mind keeps replaying all of what I was told...."chance of facial paralysis, permanent tinnitus, permanent hearing loss"...I am starting to wonder if I am making the right decision by going ahead with this surgery. Yes, chances are that things will go just fine--it's the what-if's that bother me. I need to just shake those worries off and trust, right? I know that the benefits outweigh the risks, so I am carrying on.

I am annoyed with my husband again. Yesterday, he worked from 5:30am to 7:30pm, he came home, then he continued to work on reports from 9:30pm to 2:30am...then (this is where I get *really* annoyed) he worked again (from home) from 8:30am to 1:30pm. Now, I'm not all that great at math, but even I know that is WAY too many hours to be putting in. I know I shouldn't be annoyed, but I am. I am annoyed that he has to put in hours at home when it's supposed to be his morning off. Maybe I'm being petty and selfish, but I like to spend a little time with him too. And it bugs me that because he's working so much, when he is home he's too darn tired to do anything. (except work!) We bickered back and forth a bit today when I said to him that I didn't understand why he couldn't get everything he needs to do for work done in a *normal* time frame--you know, like 10-12 hours. He retorted with a comment about me not being able to get everything done in one day either--things around the house,that is. I tumbled that around for a few hours and then told him that his statement was not quite fair. Parenting is not a job with a finite ending. It's a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year job. Managing a restaurant, however, is (or should be) a job with a finite ending. I mean, isn't that why he's not the only manager there? (he was quick to remind me that he is the only GM, however) Whatever...I am still annoyed.

I'm going to run and get dinner on the table as it's already almost 8pm. I also have to wash an entire drawer full of plastic plates and cups, because Josh spilled half a pitcher of orange juice into the drawer while pouring himself a drink. And to top it off, I think the dryer is on the fritz because it has been trying to dry a load of clothes for the last 2 and a half hours...and they are still just as wet as when I put them in. And I am doing this all alone, as yup, you guessed it, hubby is working :(

Be praying for Eli at 10:30am MST tomorrow!

No comments: