Friday, March 14, 2008

Freaky Friday

Okay, so it really hasn't been a freaky Friday, just a normal one. It's been one of those days. Repeat after me: I love being a mom. I love being a mom. I love being a mom.

Gracie woke up as Temper Tantrum Queen today. And it continued. All. Day.Long. I swear her fit throwing must be a complete shock to her system each and every time she does it. I don't know how she's gone this long without having a stroke or giving herself an aneurysm. She thrashes around like a loon on a steady diet of methamphetamines, screaming her little heart out. If I've not said it before, I'll say it now, I need a break. (don't worry Mom, I'm just venting)

Hubby and I have been on the outs all day. He has been in a cranky mood for days, even though he won't admit it. When I ask him what in the h#ll is wrong with him, I get a blank stare for a moment, then he denies anything being wrong. Uh huh. Yeah right. I think he must have his own version on PMS. I hate to say it, but thankfully, he's off to work now, so I can air out the house of all the staleness that has been in it today.

Eli is doing great, albeit a little pale. Ghostly pale at times. His pain level is increasing by what he's told me, and I can tell he's uncomfortable. He's been very quiet and has spent most of the day either sleeping or just laying around watching movies. No arguments. No whining. No fighting with anyone. He's not even raiding the pantry every 5 minutes. Maybe I should put a call into his doctor. It's been a while since he's been so pleasant for an extended time. ( I love it though!)

I came home from church last night to a pleasant surprise. As soon as I opened the door to the house, I could see that everything was sparkling clean. The dishes were done. The trash was taken out. The laundry was put away. JUST KIDDING! None of that happened, that's just my dream. Really though, when I walked through the door I heard the hum of the dryer. And it was not in the kitchen! It was in it's proper place behind the folding doors. And it worked. It was drying! My dear Dad came over last night to visit, and was roped into helping hubby figure out what was wrong with the dryer. Thankfully, my Dad works for ice cream and not cash. Thanks Dad!

I need to go and mop up all of the puddles of melted snow in the living room. Until next time...

No comments: