Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 70

Wait a minute! What is that? Oh wait, I know....it's the light at the end of a very long tunnel! The end of summer vacation is so near I can almost taste it. Yes, it is bittersweet, but I am so ready. And honestly, I think the kids are ready too--although they'd never admit it.

We'll be off to Target this next week to purchase school supplies. It's crazy how much stuff there is to buy. The list that I have for each kid is almost a mile long! I'll practically have to kiss my entire paycheck away. Highlighters. Sharpies. Post-it's. Pencils. Protractors. Page protectors. Hand sanitizer. Baby wipes. Paper towels. Ziploc bags. And on and on...and on. Seriously? Whatever happened to just pencils and paper? Crayons and pink pearl erasers? Yes, I have to buy those too.

I think I'll cut out of this very boring post and hit the hay. Just wanted to mark day 70. Sounds like a milestone to me.

Some day my kids will thank me. Endlessly.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Would you believe that the school the girls go to provides ALL school supplies?!? The only thing I have to get is new backpacks and lunchboxes. I'm not sure if that is typical of ALL public schools. I know I used to have to purchase a lot of supplies at CSCA. Not too much of a drawback though, considering the wonderful education charter schools provide. Hope you find lots of supplies on SALE!