Sunday, August 10, 2008

Days 77-79: On The Eve of *Some* Sanity

Tomorrow is the day. School starts. The backpacks are loaded up. The lunches are packed. The clothes are already paired up for the entire week. I. Am. So. Tired.

You'd think I'd be jumping for joy right about now, but seriously, I think that will have to wait until tomorrow. I have worn myself out preparing for this day for sure. I've spent over $200 on school supplies and I *still* don't have all that was on the lists. I'm so over going from store to store to store to try and find everything. The teachers will have to hunt me down when they realize that my kid doesn't have all their stuff. Ah well. I'll deal.

I know that even though 3 of the kids will be in school, my sanity is not guaranteed. I do still have Miss Tantrum/Drama Queen Gracie and Sam-The-Great at home. I don't know how it's even possible, but Gracie has upped the intensity and duration of her tantrums. They are long and hard. For all of us. Especially her. I really wish she could go to school, but seems there is some pesky rule that she has to be 5 years old by October 1st. Seeing as her birthday is November 12th, we lose. I'll be delving into home schooling her this year so she can fulfill her desire to learn. She's got the ability for sure! (sorry, braggy mom moment here)

I'm going to sign off to finish up lots of odds and ends and head off to bed myself.

In the meantime, you can imagine me doing the happy dance tomorrow when I drop the kids off at 7:45am!

No comments: