Monday, August 11, 2008

And They're Off!



It's officially here. The 2008-2009 school year!


I was thankful the kids actually posed for me this morning. And even Eli was smiling (sort of) instead of frowning. He won't admit it, but I think he's actually excited to be starting middle school. That being said, I can't believe he's in middle school. I just can't believe it.

Caleb and Josh were up before the crack of dawn. When my sleepy head finally made it downstairs at 6:10am, they were already showered, dressed and ready to eat. I think they are a little excited, no?

So far today, I've done a whole lot of nothing. Unless you count changing bed sheets, doing laundry, cleaning the bathroom and picking up countless messes something. I figure if I keep up the laundry for the most part and don't get too far behind on the other stuff, there won't be so much to be overwhelmed by when I get home on the days that I work. Sounds like a great plan to me...but, I think it's one of those things that's easier said than done.

During one of Gracie's tantrums this morning, as I was trying to tune out the shrill screams and pounding of limbs on the floor, I came up with the brilliant idea to keep a daily Tantrum Count.I figure it'll help me come the day I write my memoirs of being a mom.

I'll be heading out to pick up the boys from school soon...I'm sure the feeding frenzy will begin in earnest immediately upon crashing through the door, just after the dropping of the backpacks and lunchboxes onto the floor.

Can't wait.

Daily Tantrum Count (so far) at: 1
UPDATED: 2

1 comment:

Jodie said...

video tape her and have her see how silly she looks :)