Friday, August 15, 2008

Wanted: Vacation

I need a vacation. To somewhere far, far away. Someplace nice and sunny where nobody knows my name. Where there are no toddlers, no preschoolers, no 7 year olds and no tweens. And to make it fair, no husbands.

This last week was a whirlwind and I can't seem to catch my breath. The ushering in of pencils, books and lunchboxes was really exciting, but during the time after school, the kids all seem to be running on crack! Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE school. LOVE it. Loooooovvve it.

I worked the majority of the day today, but I returned home to hyper kids and a mess of a house. I was bombarded with requests/demands from Eli to go to Blockbuster and to Michael's Craft Store. I gave in and went to avoid the crashing down of the walls had I said no. So, off to BB, then to Michael's...and then I braved the shoe store. I had no choice really. I was reminded of the big hole in the bottom of Josh's shoe when he started squealing about the water from the rain puddles seeping in through the hole. I won't go into any details about the shoe store. I'm still a little traumatized by it. And I think the clerk there might be traumatized too. At least we ran walked out with two new pairs of shoes.

Well, upon returning to the van to finally go home, Eli realized that he got the WRONG movie and somehow tried to make it out to be all my fault. Well, of course it was my fault that he accidentally picked up the wrong movie, seeing as how I stayed in the van while he went into BB alone. I can totally see how I was at fault, can't you?

Signing off to wrangle some kids to the sink to brush their teeth. And then I think I'll pour myself a second bottle glass of wine.

G'night!

No comments: