Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 61 & 62

Believe me when I say that I got lost in the basement today. No, I didn't get lost in online shopping or on message boards-- I got lost in a mess. O.M.G. the mess!
Toys, shoes, hats, gloves, playing cards, Nerds candy, popcorn seeds, Legos, Lincoln Logs, books, socks, clothes, vhs movies, couch cushions, blankets, crayons, toothbrushes (toothbrushes?)...I could go on and on! I'm not sure what possesses my children to make such messes, but if ever there were a pill for that, you'd bet I'd have them on it.(and darn straight my hubby too!) Thankfully, most of the stuff is now put in it's proper place. For the next ten minutes anyway.

I did most of my cleaning before Sam went down for his nap...you'd think I'd like to clean while he was sleeping and not underfoot, but I take nap times very seriously. It's the only time of day that I don't have to share my strawberry iced tea and Pirate's Booty. That with a white chocolate chip/cranberry scone, as was the case today.

We tried letting the boys have a fire in the fire pit the other night. It turned out disastrous. No, the house didn't burn down and no body was hurt badly, but bestowing such a thing on rambunctious and somewhat air-headed boys was not the smartest thing to do. For some reason, they thought that hiding pop cans under the wood before starting the fire was super funny...until one (hot!) can rolled out onto the foot of their sister. The rest of the night was ruined. Enough said. And NO more fire pit nights are in their near future.

I do have my limits.

Guess I'd better hop off the computer as Sam is threatening to empty out toy bins and trash bags to un-do what I spent the better part of this day doing. No way, Jose! BUT, before I go, I'll leave you with this----and seriously, what kid doesn't play his Gameboy while sitting on the toilet? (he was sitting in the dark and really startled me when I turned on the light!)



No comments: