Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 52: Family Fun

We bravely ventured out today... with kids in tow, we headed up the mountain to Helen Hunt Falls.

Sam as happy as a clam all buckled up


At the base of The Falls catching some shade...sort of

Josh badly wanted to get in the water, but we had to hold him back because of all the signs that said "Keep Out" (yes, that means you Josh!)


Half-way up to the top...

One hot Mama, taking a breather before I go into heat stroke...still smiling though, but only because I couldn't breathe

Yay! We made it to the top...look at that view of the city!

Part of the reason I'll never leave Colorado

We grabbed the nearest tourist to take our picture

The whole gang

We made our way back to the bottom of the falls--my legs felt like Jell-o! The kids were still raring to go, so after a water break and a short drive, we let em' loose on the "dirt hills".

The hill was so big it made Gracie look like an ant!

We did have a good time, even though it was stinkin' hot outside. The kids were all in good spirits and kept their quabbles and quibbles to a minimum, which was nice.

I'm wiped out now from our day of adventure, so I'll just leave you with this:

The END!! ( Get it? You get it, right? )

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Did you really have to go and post such beautiful pictures? You are making me miss Colorado! I wish I would have started my blog long ago. I would have been more motivated to get some great shots while we were living there. So, what happened on Day 53? Your loyal readers want to know!