Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How Much For A Ticket To Kalamazoo?

The end of the school year is fast approaching...T-minus 3 days. O.M.G. (that's oh my God, goodness, gosh, etc, if you didn't know)

My notion about the trampoline being the best thing to happen since string cheese, has gone to pot. If the kids aren't fighting about whose turn it is to jump, they are pushing each other around or pinching fingers in the zipper of the enclosure. And all of this mayhem has happened between the hours of 6:30am-7:30am and from 4pm-bedtime. School isn't even out yet...but, soon, there will be more hours and plenty of opportunity for insane amounts of arguing and pool noodle fighting to be had. Lucky, lucky me.

Since our weather went from Winter to Summer overnight, I am remembering what it's like to pluck cups, socks and popsicle sticks from the backyard. Along with the sidewalk chalk melted into puddles and used for paint on every possible surface, comes the trail of dirt from the back door to the kitchen. And bathroom. And living room. Oh hell, it's all OVER the place. Alright, I'm complaining again...stop me now!

On a lighter, not so pessimistic note, I had a pretty tame evening tonight. My dad took the older three to see the new Indiana Jones movie, so it was just Gracie, Sam and I. They ate cereal for dinner, colored, played in the dirt,bounced on the trampoline, had a bath and went off to bed. Very nice.

I just came off of working the last nine days in a row with only one day off. I am totally beat, but I have to say, I will SO miss the doctor's office that I was at. I loved working there, and I am sad that it's over. Sometimes it bites to be a temp.

I'm going to shove off and go to bed now...but first, I think I'll find out how much for that ticket to Kalamazoo :)

No comments: