Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dysfunction Junction

Sometimes I wonder if we're the only family on God's green earth that is as dysfunctional as we are. I'm sure not, but when stuck in the thick of it, it sure seems that way. The 'outside' world becomes distant and hazy...a far reach. And really, it makes me feel so alone. Funny, because you'd think having a family of 7 would make me feel as far from alone as the east is from the west.

I have such high hopes for my children and my family as a whole. I pray that my hopes become a reality, but more than that, I pray that we can all just get along! The arguing starts with the rising sun and continues until all eyes are closed again at night. I don't remember arguing with my brother constantly, nor giving my parents such a hard time. I guess my parents were just better at parenting than I am. What the heck is wrong with me?

Anyway...

Caleb has been looking through my high school yearbooks for the last hour or so. He came to me wondering why I wasn't in them. He said he looked up all the names with S and N and he couldn't find me anywhere. I had to remind him that my last name didn't start with an N then, it started with an F. Oh yeah he said, you and dad weren't married then!

Gotta run...I'm wearing my working girl hat today from 3-11:30, so I have to put on my chef hat for a bit and make the kids lunches for tomorrow.

No comments: