Sunday, May 11, 2008

At The Stroke Of Midnight

Ah yes...Mother's Day is here! As a matter of fact, I ushered in this marvelous day sitting in the driveway in the van, while Saturday turned to Sunday--right at midnight. I wasn't alone in the driveway though. Nope, not at all. I was with Hubby, Josh and Gracie. I was tired, cranky and ready to go to bed--after all, we'd just spent almost 3 hours in the emergency department with Josh. Long story short, Sam threw a hand weight at Josh, it nailed him in the head, causing a laceration to his scalp, which had to be glued back together with an entire tube of Dermabond. I'm still cleaning blood out of the carpet.

Needless to say, the day didn't start out on the right foot, and it pretty much stayed that way. My marvelous day of being doted upon hand and foot didn't come to pass. (never does!) I did get a pretty good gift though. A clean house. Never mind that I had to clean it myself. Happy Mother's Day!

I'll make this short and sweet...I'm still tired and cranky.

Can you tell?

G' night.

No comments: