Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 8

Since I started my back-to-school-countdown on the last day of school, today marks one week...or 8 days, but who's counting?

I am running on fumes right now, so I apologize for grammatical errors and boringness. (see?)

Today was actually a really good day! It started out with a trip to the doctor for Eli and Caleb's camp physicals. Then to the grocery store for produce, and of course, Starbucks. Then to Wal-Mart for yet more groceries, 2 birthday gifts, and 3 prescriptions. I'm sure you're thinking that I have gone a little more off my rocker--hello? Since when does going to the store(s) make for a great day? Nope, it was after all that the fun began :)

The kids and I were invited to a sponaneous 'water fun' party at a friend's house up the street. The kids had blast squirting each other with water guns and tossing around water balloons...but, I think the moms (all 3 of us) had the most fun. I'll just say that 3 pitchers of frozen mudslides were involved. How could there NOT be fun?

To top it all off, one of the moms I was with today won tickets to see a showing of Sex and The City. AND, she offered up her son and husband to watch ALL of my kids! A free movie and childcare? Yay me! I've never been a huge fan of the Sex and The City series, but the movie was a complete hoot and I REALLY needed some great big gleeful belly laughs.

I am happy to report a very decent day here. Now, let's hope for more of the same tomorrow...

No comments: