Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ouch!

Yup. My age is definitely getting to me. Yesterday, in the process of sitting down to pee, I felt a strong 'pop' in my lower back. After that, I just remember sitting there holding back screams of pain trying to figure out what in the hell just happened. I slept horribly last night because I couldn't get comfortable in any position. I downed way too much Motrin to no avail. Ugh. Thank GOD I was called off for my shift at hospice...no way I could work like this. I can see it now--"Excuse me while I waddle down the hall in a hunched over position, mumbling to myself about the searing pain in my back".

I am feeling a little bit better today though, and since I didn't have to work, I dragged hubby and kids out to a birthday party for a little friend of Gracie's. No, I didn't bombard the party with my all of my crew, but the party was in a place that they could all play anyway.

The house is eerily quiet right now...Eli is at a sleepover up the street. Hubby took the rest of the kids to the park to hit some baseballs. I just got done soaking in a tub of water so hot it made me turn lobster-red. Nice.

I am on the schedule for work tomorrow, unless I get another 2:09am call to not come in. I sure hope not. I need to work. I actually want to work too. Not that I don't have enough stuff to do however, like laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning out my heap of a van since I'm driving for a field trip first thing Monday morning...but, getting out and working on something other than my same old, every day life, is nice sometimes.

After my back popping incident last night, I was sitting out on the porch of one of Eli's friends talking to his mom. I looked up to the voice of another mom (across the street) saying hello and holding up a bottle of wine and 3 glasses. We sat and sipped wine (ended up going through 3 bottles of it between us) and chatting about whatever was on our minds. It was really nice. And the wine was really good. The kids all had fun running around outside in the sunshine not caring a thing about what us mom's were doing. We had so much fun that it's a date for next Friday too :)

Well, while the house is still quiet, I think I'll carefully kick back and watch some boob tube.

Later!

No comments: