Sunday, August 26, 2007

Peace and Quiet?

I am enjoying the sound of nothing other than my fingers flying across the keyboard...I am alone! Granted, I am alone and full of guilt as to why I am alone. My family is at church, and I am not. Guilty. Of course, this gives me another opportunity to complain about working nights and about how tired I am! (imagine that!) I am home because I need a nap. I need a nap just so I can get through the rest of my day. (so, why am I on the computer instead of sleeping?) We've got plenty on the agenda later today and I really would like to enjoy being around people (namely my family) and not feel like biting their heads off because I am so tired. God will forgive me, right? (promising that I will listen to the sermon online this week...after a good nap)

R is finally feeling much better after his bout with prostatitis. He was SO sick, but somehow I managed to laugh at him and congratulate him on his first 'old man's disease'. ( I don't think R even knew he had a prostate) I think he may have thought that my comment was funny at any other time, but when you're burning up with fever, can't pee to save your life, and ache all over, I suppose that's just not the time for humor?

Well, I am going to sign off and take that nap, after I clean up the cereal off the table, the honey off the floor and the milk off the ceiling. (don't ask) Maybe I'll be back later today to shove off more,(and maybe I'll have an interesting story to tell by them) but for now, I just need to sleep while I have that peace and quiet.