Saturday, August 11, 2007

Never Did I Dream

Most people, I suppose, look forward to the weekends...a time to relax and unwind from the busyness of the week. Me? I d r e a d the weekends as it begins my 56+ hours of hell. From the time I get up on Friday mornings, I can count on not getting any appreciable sleep until Sunday night! Not to mention, as soon as I get home from work at 8am Saturday mornings, R leaves as soon as I walk through the door to work himself....leaving my weary head in charge of 5 kids--alone. ALL day. And then I return to work Saturday night as well (taking the kids with me until R can pick them up). Honestly, it's not the best of situations!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I HATE IT! I hate what/who I am becoming due to sheer exhaustion. I feel like I am constantly complaining about 'having to work'-- I know that plenty of women do work--but my heart is so not in it. I was a stay-at-home mom for 10 years before having to work out of necessity. That's another sore spot in my book of complaints. I long for the days where I can just concentrate on the job of being mom, and not all this other crap.

Ugh. Signing off....until next time. I've got nothing else of any worth to say.

No comments: