Monday, September 1, 2008

Running on Empty

I am seriously dragging my feet today. I. Am. So. Tired. But, like always, I know that will get better with the passing of weeks into the second trimester. Only 6 more weeks to go until I can hold my eyelids open again.

We went and did a walk-through of the new house today and let the kids pick out which bedroom they'd like. Eli and Caleb will have their own rooms. Josh and Sam will share. Gracie will have her own room too, until the baby comes, then she'll share. Believe me, she was thrilled with that. (really!) It was so cute too, the previous tenants in the house had three children and they left books for my kids hidden all over the house. The kids had a hay day roaming from room to room finding literary treasures. How cool was that?

I had to have my Dad look at my van today. On Saturday, (at my bosses house for the bbq) we had to park on a hill so hubby engaged the parking brake. Well, on the way home from the bbq, we smelled that oh so pleasant smell of burning brakes. By the time we got home, we realized that the parking brake had been on the entire time. Ooops. My Dad said that the brake fluid literally boiled. Big ooops. Thankfully, it was an easy fix of draining the brake lines of the scorched fluid. And even more, my Dad kept Eli, Caleb and Josh with him for a few hours to give me a break. Thanks Dad!

Not much on the agenda today other than getting ready for the week ahead. Maybe pack a few boxes. (big maybe) I'd rather just crawl into bed and stay there til morning.

Signing off to deal with my queasiness.

Later!

No comments: