Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lost in a Sea of Cardboard

My living room is filled with cardboard boxes. The garage is bursting at the seams with more boxes. And here I was worried that I wouldn't have enough...I don't know, I still might not have enough, but it sure looks like I do!

I've been taking 'loads' (read: whatever I can fit in the trunk of my van) to the new house when I can. It's not really making a dent in anything, but at least it makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere. When I happen to get a wave of energy minus the nausea, I start filling boxes as fast as I can. This will definitely not be the most organized move in the history of moves, but at least it's getting done. Hubby seems to be of the mindset that we'll do a move-ala-procrastination however...but, that is par for the course for him. He works better under pressure I suppose. Maybe I'll sneak him a few extra doses of his Ritalin in his corn flakes or something. (totally kidding...sort of)

I started monitoring my blood sugars today. Ouch! Those lancets HURT! I suppose I'll get used to it sooner than later, but man, my fingers are sore. I'm supposed to be able to take a sample from my forearm or palm, but I didn't have much luck with that. It was like squeezing blood from a turnip. So, finger pokes it is. Thankfully, ALL of my 'numbers' have been in the acceptable range so far.

It's hard to believe that we've got almost 4 weeks of school under our belts already. Makes me worry that this school year is going to fly by and summer vacation will be here again in the blink of my tired eyes. Most of my days are filled with busyness (is that a word?) with home schooling Gracie, work, MOPS and hanging out with my girlfriends, so chances are the time will fly. I am excited to meet this baby, but I also want to enjoy my pregnancy. I LOVE being pregnant. Not the very early months so much, but I love the middle months. I feel pretty good between months 4 and 8...then the I'm-as-big-as-a-whale-and-I-can't-see-my-feet-or-fit-into-anything-I-own sets in and I get antsy to deliver. Point being, I want the time to go at a normal, non rushed pace. Just so long as it's not a snails pace.

Well, Sam is in rare form tonight thanks to a late nap, so I'm going to sign off so I can wrangle him into some pj's for the night.

Later :)

No comments: