Saturday, September 20, 2008

Life Rushing By...

Time flies, doesn't it? It's hard to grasp how fast most days go by, although there are some days that feel like an eternity.

The kids are home from school until Wednesday, so naturally, these days feel like an eternity :) Our school is finally moving into our new building. We've been situated in a small, country church with the kids in outbuildings. I am so excited to start school Wednesday in a brand-spanking new up to date beautiful building. Plus, it's only a few miles up the road from our new house!

I am feeling more and more pregnant by the day. My energy is looooong gone and I am struggling with nausea quite frequently. My OB called me in a prescription for a wonder drug called Zofran. It's good stuff. Seeing as that it costs $23.50 per pill, it had better darn well be good stuff. I had two peeks at the baby this last week. No matter how many times I see this baby on ultrasound, I still totally stand in awe every time. Baby's heart was beating at a strong 180 beats per minute. So totally amazing. I could have 10 kids and still be amazed at the miracle of pregnancy. (but don't worry, 6 kids IS it, hubby is getting snipped) That being said, I held a newborn baby boy at a friends house today...it made me so thankful for this new baby on the way for us. I couldn't get enough of cuddling him up and smelling his newborn baby smell. There is nothing better in my book.

Anyway, flopping subjects here...

Eli has started to play in the orchestra. He's learning to play the cello and is really loving it. Caleb will be starting this week too, but he'll be playing the viola. I sure hope they want to stick with it because I think that learning to play a musical intstrument is so important. I love the sounds that comes from a cello and viola. Even when there are a few squeaky moments.

We're settling in slowly to the new house...very slowly still. I will be working 3 days a week now which will put hubby being home only 2 evenings per week ( plus the weekends) so time is short to get a lot done. And with school and orchestra practice 4 times a week, time is very short. Almost non existant really. But, it'll happen. I just look at it as less to pick up around the house for now!

Signing off...I'm fading fast. And I need to drink a bucket of water just so I can pee all night. (slight sarcasm there...I pee at least 3 times a night without regard to how much I drink before bed)

No comments: