Monday, September 22, 2008

Mentally Dull

I have to admit, stupidness has become a huge pregnancy symptom for me. Okay, maybe not stupid so much as just mentally challenged. Slow. Not as on top of things as normal. I especially feel the challenge around 1:00 in the afternoon while I'm at work. Things start to look fuzzy, my mind wanders--mostly thinking about catching a catnap--and I do believe even my speech and response time slow down. I try to catch a second wind when I leave work and head home, because I know that I have endless responsibilities there. And I really don't want to crab out at everyone. (even though I do tend to do that anyway)

This pregnancy has proven to be quite the challenge in stamina for me. And the funny (or NOT so funny) thing is, that even as tired as I am, I find myself struggling to actually sleep at night. Weird, I know.

We're in quite the rough patch around here at the moment. Eli is causing us troubles galore with his lack of self-control, hubby is feeling very out of whack and he's begun having panic attacks again, Gracie has been tantruming like tantrums are going out of style...and so on, I'll spare you the details. I'm tired. I'm frustrated. I'm worried. And honestly? I'm heartsick.

With all of that, I think I'll sign off and put my puffy feet up. A drink sounds nice right about now...(don't worry, I'm into ice water these days!)

G'night!

No comments: