Thursday, April 2, 2009

Puddle Jumper

Puddles are fun to jump in, right? Apparently they are even fun to jump in when they are located on the bathroom floor and are made of your own PEE! (Not MY pee, just to clarify)

Potty training is an adventure. Accidents happen. Sometimes they happen RIGHT in front of the toilet on the floor. Truth be told, I haven't had to change a poopy diaper in a week, but for some reason, Sam can't quite figure out how to pee in the potty consistently. Don't get me wrong, he does well, but seems 'forgetful'. He also likes to take off his pull-up without telling me and go commando. When he does that, he ends up flooding the bed when he takes a nap. Or making a HUGE wet spot on the carpeted floor of the dentists waiting room. Or causing a yellow waterfall from the cart at Safeway. I should probably make a note to check to make sure he's wearing a pull up before sleeping or going out...smart, yes?

3 days and counting before the kids go back to school. I. Can't. Wait. I've been dealing with their insane behavior day in and day out for the last two weeks. Two VERY long weeks. I really am ready to run from the house screaming. Really. I am very thankful my hubby is gainfully employed, but his being gone a great deal of the time is not a good thing. I'd heard of 'Restaurant Manager Widows' before, but now I live the reality of being one. I am growing weary of feeling like a 'single' mom. And honestly, I struggle with bitterness over it.

As long as I'm counting things down, I'll mention that I have just one week to go until my pregnancy is considered 'full term'. Today I had planned on hubby helping me clean the upper level of the house, but as usual, he had other things to do and not much help was given before he had to run out the door to work. I spent the entire day scrubbing things like a mad-woman. What is it about a woman that's about to give birth and the insane desire to have things clean and organized? I'm not sure why it's so important, but I have a feeling that it's all I'll do until this baby comes. Besides, SOMEBODY had to clean up the toxic waste pit that is otherwise known as the boys bathroom. I don't understand how they manage to make such a mess in there. It's beyond me...

I am a little worried that we're going to be hit with sickness passing through the house. Last night, Eli began vomiting. All of a sudden and in the kitchen sink. (tmi, I know) Thankfully, he seemed fine after, and didn't get sick again, but I am still worried that germs are brewing! The last thing I need is to have a house full of vomiting children...

I'm going to go break up yet another spat, fold a load of clothes and maybe make a cup of tea.

G'night.

No comments: