Monday, April 6, 2009

Freedom!

Ahhhhhhh yes....back to school today. Somehow, I had NO trouble getting up this morning. In fact, I was up a good 20 minutes before my alarm.

As unheard of as it is, the kids ALL cooperated. There wasn't whining nor fighting. Breakfast was eaten without complaint...and we made it to school on time. Is it wrong that I was giddy with delight when I pulled out of the parking lot after drop off?

I think the kids were actually *glad* to be getting out of the house and back into a routine. Almost as glad as I was :)

I'm sure by tomorrow, the kids will be back to being difficult to get ready, but for today, I'll take it!

I am now 36 weeks 4 days pregnant---just 3 days until full-term! I have an appointment for a non-stress test and to see the OB in the morning. I'm hoping that we can get this show on the road sooner than later...I'm THE crankiest pregnant woman EVER, remember?

Of course, now that Spring Break is over, Sam is getting sick. As of tonight he's got a runny nose, a goopy eye and a sunburn-like rash on his legs, belly, cheeks and ears. At first I thought roseola, but he's had NO fever. Weird.

Signing off...I've got 'Slumdog Millionaire' to fall asleep to.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You never knew me when I was pregnant. WAY crankier than you! Isn't it great to have the kids back in school!!!