Monday, October 6, 2008

Passage from Baby to Boyhood

As much as I have fought it for the longest time, I caved today and took Sam for a haircut. His very first haircut. Yes, I know he's almost 3.

Sam has beautiful, curly hair and I have not wanted to cut it because I was afraid all of his curls would be cut off. However, since he's starting to look a bit like Bozo the Clown on the sides of his head, I gave in.

As I sat and watched some of his golden curls fall to the floor, I serioulsy had to hold back tears. I mean, I didn't want the poor girl cutting his hair to think I was some kind of a weirdo or anything. It probably wouldn't have been a good idea to add my tears to Sam's already flowing ones either. That would've just been bad.

Now that it's all said and done, thankfully, he still has MANY curls. And I kept one of the cut ones in an envelope for myself.

My baby boy is growing up on me. (as soon as I find my camera cord, I'll post pics as proof)


Not too much news on the horizon with my boss, although he did have his arterial line removed today, and he is being looked at to begin weaning off of the ventilator, with the possibility of a trach being placed instead. Keep the prayers coming!

Hubby took the older three boys to the movies tonight, leaving me with just the little ones. That's okay, because having all 5 of them home all day was a wee bit trying on my patience today.

I'm going to go and run my fingers through Sam's hair and smell his baby head :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaah! I remember that moment with Anthony. =D

sorry I missed you today, see you manana?