Friday, October 3, 2008

Burning Down the House

As soon as I saw the glossy eyes and the rosy flushed cheeks, I knew it...sickness in the house! My little Gracie is all aglow with fever. I'm not sure how high her temperature is as my thermometer is still in a box somewhere, but just by the touch she is sizzling. She's not complaining of any other symptoms, but when she gets a fever I worry that her kidney is infected again. Please, tell me this time it's just a quick passing virus. You'd better bet that if she exibits any signs of a uti or pylenephritis again, we'll be burning rubber to the ER.

I worked a half day today and then rushed up to school for parent-teacher conferences. Seems the kids are all doing quite well, with each having an issue or two, but for the most part, I'm happy with their reports.

We hung out at 'Auntie's' house tonight. It was nice to catch up and let the kids play with their cousins. We ate way too much pizza and strawberry pie. Mmmmm mmmmm good.

Not much to report on my boss, but he is finally having his sedation reduced, so he is able to open his eyes and look around. Still on a ventilator, but things are looking positive for him!

Anyway, we're officially on Fall break. Help me, Lord.

Signing off to watch 'Made of Honor' if I can stay awake for longer than the first 5 minutes.

Later!

No comments: