Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Birthday Fit For A Princess

I meant to blog yesterday, to capture the 4th birthday of my one and only little Princess, but time got away from me, and it is now the day after :) The puppy successfully chewed my digital camera cord, so I will have to post pictures when I get a new one...

Little G's birthday celebration started 2 days before her actual birth date with a traditional English cream tea at the famed Glen Eyrie Castle. G and I were joined by Nana (my marvelous Mom), my lovely friend Jodie and her beautiful little Princess, and of course, G's (and my!) beloved friend 'Miss Cake'. I think that a grand time was had by one and all, even though G admitted to me that she did not care for the tea itself :) My little Princess was showered with princess gifts and I know that she felt quite special, indeed.

Yesterday, we celebrated again with a family party and a cake shaped like a pretty package, complete with an edible red ribbon and bow.

I think I am in denial (or shock) that my little girl is 4 years old! I remember the day that the ultrasound technician announced that we were not having another boy...but a girl! I don't think I actually believed that I was carrying a girl, until the moment I received proof. Her actual birth. When the doctor held her up for me to see, I took a quick glimpse of her face and then just as quickly checked to make sure she was in fact a girl! I exclaimed through joyful tears " It IS a girl"! The day she was born is a day I will never forget... She was in a hurry to arrive and I labored for only 18 minutes (yes, eighteen as in 2 minutes less than 20) before she came into my world. She must have known how utterly excited I was to finally have what I had prayed for...the desire of my heart, to have a little girl. Of course, I prayed for each and every one of my children, and they were also the desire of my heart, but the bond between a mother and her daughter is most special and to be cherished and nourished always.

Happy birthday to my baby girl...you are such a blessing to me and I give thanks for you. I love you with a love so sweet...