Wednesday, July 25, 2007

11 Years Ago Today

You know the old saying that when you're a mom, "The days sometimes go by slow, but the years fly by"? I can personally attest to that today. My very first-born son turned 11 years old today. He is changing into a young man (if only in body so far, the common sense or altruism hasn't kicked in yet) right before my very eyes.

The memories of his birth flooded me today....with sweat, blood (lots of it!) and tears, I gave birth to a precious little boy at 8:42pm on July 25, 1996. He weighed in at 8lbs 2oz and was 20" long. He had a head FULL of dark blond hair and the cutest little dimpled chin. I still stand in awe that the Lord would bless *me* with such abundance and so freely at that. (seeing as we have 5 of those such blessings!) Happy Birthday to my sweet son....I love you dearly for you are most precious to me, Daddy and most importantly to your Father God. I am sorry that I have not always been the mom that you need and deserve---I hope that you will forgive me that and accept that I love you with an undying love that knows no ends! You will always captivate my heart...you are my first-born wonderful son!

No comments: