Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Power of a Quiet Moment

While I don't get many quiet moments, when I do get them they don't last but a literal moment anyway. Sometimes though, I like to sit and think about the day and it's many memories. Some good, some bad, but memories nonetheless.

I've realized, especially lately that I more often than not neglect to take that quiet time. The pureness of an uninterrupted moment. I'm sure if I took the time, it would feed my soul and make my worries fade, if only for a short time.

Tomorrow always brings with it a multitude of stimuli and activity...brimming with noise and chaos from sun up until well after sun down, but I will try to 'stop and smell the roses' or curl up with a little one and a book because life's too short not to recharge and discover the power of a quiet moment.

I am relishing in a quiet moment right now as all of the kids are piled on the couch in the basement watching a movie with their Grandpa. Yay me!

No comments: