Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It Might As Well Be A Million

I went in smiling, but I left with a scowl I'm sure. Granted, I was hit with a 'treatment plan' cost of nearly one thousand dollars for the now clean and sparkly smirk on the face of my eldest child. I thought I had been pounding into this child's head since the last time we had a dental visit and he had to have 4 cavities filled, that his brushing needed some vast improvement. Guess I didn't pound hard enough. So, come Monday, we start a series of visits to get eight (yes that's 8!) fillings, a cap, 2 extractions, a spacer and 4 sealants. I think the dentist was nervous that I was going to faint when I stumbled back into my chair after the initial shock :)

Like I said, it might as well be a million! (dollars, that is) Luckily, insurance will take some of the sting out of the bill, just think of what I could do with that money....2-3 weeks of groceries, 10 tanks of gas, 3 car payments and... oh, nevermind, it's too depressing to think about!

Either I was really tired this morning, or somebody swapped out my black eyeliner with a magenta colored pencil with a broken tip. Thankfully, I was awake enough to notice the change before I ripped apart my eyelid! It really was that kind of day... nothing seemed to flow the way it should. Including my eyeliner.

Between the bad news from the dentist, my missing make-up, a tantrum the size of Texas from a child who wanted everything but nothing made her happy, and burning the first dozen of 7 dozen cookies....it has to be brighter in the morning, right?


I'm going to sign off to fold my 5th load of laundry and search for that eyeliner... Oh, and I think I'll put to bed the sweet little cherub that is asleep sitting up on the couch.