Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh, Give Me A Break

I'm pretty sure that when I went to school, there were less syllables in words than there are now. As a matter of fact, I have become privy to a whole new language, courtesy of my kids. On the way home from work the other night, I checked my voicemail and got the most annoying message I think I have ever heard. At first, I thought it was a screeching animal or someones nails on a chalkboard...then I realized it was neither of those things, it was Eli.

"MOOOOOMMM!! Dad won't let me watch the movie! He says I HAVE to do my hoooomeework FIIIIRRRRSSSSST! It's not Faiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaiiiiiiiir!" Lord of lords, I had to hit the delete button before the message was even finished, I couldn't stand to hear another word of it. Besides, hours had elapsed since Eli had left me the message...I'm sure the crisis was over anyway.

I have to admit, I hear SO much whining and fit-throwing that I have become almost calloused. I have a tolerance for whining that lasts about as long as it takes for the whine to spill out of the whinees mouth. Not very long at all. Ew.

Eh, maybe I'm just having a bad day.... I just wanna go to bed and not have to clean the house and do more laundry. It's not faiiiiiaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiirr!

No comments: