Thursday, August 27, 2009

Love Struck

I know, it's been MONTHS since I've updated my blog. I have a lot of things to blame it on. Hospitalizations. Summer. Six kids. Insanity. And oh, did I mention six kids?

I am trying to get back into the swing of things now that the kids are back in school, and blogging is one of those things that I am trying to catch up on.

Please don't throw rotten fruit at me. I'm doing my best.

Since I titled this entry "Love Struck", let me just tell you why I chose that. Over these last couple of months, as the shock of Faith's "diagnosis" has worn off and I have had more time to enjoy her, I have become *totally* love struck with her! She is a JOY to behold. A complete and utter ray of sunshine! I love everything about her. From the top of her tiny head to the tips of her teeny toes, she has captured my heart and I am completely in love with her. In fact, I love her so much, my heart could burst!

Thankfully, my severe and agonizing post-partum depression has been treated successfully, albeit with a lot of medication. Medication that my doctor plans to keep me on for at least a year. And you know, I am *totally* okay with that. Heck, I'll stay on the medication forever if I need to. I can't imagine sinking into that black hole of despair EVER again. It was horrible, to say the least. I really had no clue that a person could feel SO bad--especially after just having given birth to a beautiful baby.

Stupid hormones!

Anyway,Faith is now 4 months old and is doing wonderfully. She is having physical therapy once a week and early intervention twice a month. So far, she is meeting all her milestones, although she is struggling with low muscle tone in her upper body--still having some trouble with head control at times.

Here we go! Faith, you are 4 months old! What have you been up to?


* You are nursing now--no more bottles!

* You weigh 11 pounds and 10 ounces

* You are 24" long

* You are wearing a tight size one diaper

* You are wearing 3-6 months clothing (it's a bit big yet)

* You are rolling from your tummy to your back and sometimes from back to tummy

* You LOVE to lay under your baby gym and bat at the toys

* You sleep ALL night long!

* You are a very happy and content baby--a smile is never far from your face


Someone said to me the other day that Faith was lucky to be born into our family. Truth be told, WE are the lucky ones! I am so thankful that we were chosen to be Faith's family and I am thankful that she is here with 47 chromosomes.

Gosh, I love this little girl!

No comments: